Friday, February 25, 2011

Only a couple more weeks to go...

Been a very busy few weeks. The interior wiring has been cleaned up significantly but is still not quite finished. The electric window on the drivers side has decided not to work after being off the car. The inlet plenum has been off as the oil cooler moved to a much better position. While the engine bay was apart I cleaned the engine bay which was an absolutely huge job. You will now be able to work on the car without getting handsful of grease.

The interior is going to be resprayed this weekend if all goes to plan. Then the dash needs to go back in, engine bay put back together and trim/rubbers put back in round the windscreen etc.

Monday, February 7, 2011

The car is finally painted!

Still a lot of work to do putting the car back together but its well on its way.

The car was painted on Saturday in 40 degree heat. Luckily white isn't susceptible to heat unlike metalics.

Ended up doing Clear Over Base (COB) that while more difficult gives a better result. We used expensive paint and thinners which paid dividends as the finish is really good. The car got 6 coats of base and then 3 coats of clear. The plan is to rub the body down with 2000 grit sandpaper and then buff giving a near glass like finish.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Progress... it's nearly ready for paint.

After 4 solid weekends of working on the car and learning a lot in the process about prepping a car it is now nearly ready for paint. Just need to cover the spots that were sanded through with acrylic and lightly sand them back.